Well, we made it. Here are a few lessons about moving I learned along the way:
- A beagle can find a chicken bone ANYWHERE.
- If you are animated showing your neighbors the garage door that the movers broke, you will drop your new iPhone 5 and shatter the glass, making you even madder.
- When you hear movers giggling packing your master, you forgot you left some underwear in the dresser.
- How good of a neighbor you were will be reflected in how many favors are called in when you move (Thank you, friends, for mowing the lawn, taking down the shelving, letting Mick & I hang out, taking us out to lunch and dinner, taking our unmovable chemicals, letting us dump stuff in your garage sale, visiting during the process, providing much needed garage door vendors!!!! ).
- When movers put the uneaten container of refried beans on the floor, you will not enjoy sharing a hotel room with the dog that night.
- Everyone will ask you “WHY INDIANA??” when you tell them where you are moving.
- When you get to Indy, EVERYONE will ask you about the Broncos and Peyton Manning.
- Paper window shades are the best invention next to the iPad.
- Temporary chain link fence, or lovingly referred to as “Mickey Prison”, will prevent further urinations on the new rugs in the bedrooms until the new fence is installed.
- Mosquito repellant is the best perfume in Indiana.
The biggest lesson we learned is how much we love our friends in Denver. It was difficult to say goodbye but we are getting started with the next chapter.