When I tell people I’m from New Jersey, I am usually defending the other 8 million people who, like me, don’t resemble The Real Housewives of New Jersey. (Ok, it’s probably more like 5 million).
No, we aren’t like that
- Minus the 4 year-old who speaks like she’s from Staten Island, the rest of us are accent-free.
- We don’t use hairspray (I don’t even own it).
- People, particularly business owners, are very friendly.
Yeah, it is like that
- It is a very competitive environment where a kindergarten graduation felt like a competition to see who might go to Harvard.
- Getting a parking space is an Olympic sport.
- You will get the finger if you drive slowly on the highway.
Regardless, NJ is where I go to see my family. Visiting them restores my soul. My nieces are the best and I just have to publicly share with you what a wonderful mother my sister has become.
You are amazing, Erin!