I booked my flight – March 2, 2012. I will be sleeping in my own bed with my dog and my husband the Saturday night 4 weeks from today.
My time here has been only partially entagled with Japan and only in detangling, have I noticed that I have a connection stronger than I thought, mostly in the personal relationships with the people with whom I work. I quite like the team.
Even my little apartment needs detangling. The new home for my Costo cubes which act as end tables with go to the lovely Notre Dame couple that took me to Costo. The movers have been scheduled. This week, I will cancel my DoCoMo phone and pocket wi-fi. My residence card is being processed for return. My farewell party has been scheduled.
Visions of home
In preparation for my return, I’ve done a few things:
- Ordered my “upper garden” for the patio and ordered seeds – lettuce, bok choy, spinach, carrots, beets, cucumbers, and broccoli
- Bought 8th row tickets to Sting at Red Rocks on Jun 5th
- Ordered new rimmed baking sheets to make the roasted asparagus for Easter dinner.
- Signed up for the Platte River Half Marathon and contacted my running club that I would be returning. [whoo hoo for the slow people group!]
- Ordered fabric for the bench seat and curtains I’ve wanted in the green empty bedroom.
[Seriously, the internet is the best thing Al Gore ever invented.]
[Idea 2 is that I am well-aware my expat per diem will end in 4 weeks]