Thank you to Petroleum Wife for the nomination of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! What a lovely surprise! I started blogging in October (backdated a few posts for the record) and there’s something very cathartic and collaborative about blogging on my year in Japan.
1.Display the award logo on your blog.
2.Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.State 7 things about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 bloggers for this blog and link to their pages.
5.Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the awards’ requirements.
7 things you might be interested to know about me:
I am obligated to tell you 7 things but you already know I: am always lost, will eat anything, and love Japan.
1. I am a reformed civil engineer.
2. I’m happiest wearing flip-flops and a baseball cap [known as hair on vacation in my house]
3. My favorite walks are – Sydney’s North Harbour from Lavender Bay to the Sydney Harbour Bridge; Paris- Ile de la Cite to Jardin du Luxembourg and the hill behind my house, Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
4. My infatuation for the world came from our French exchange student when I was 5 years old. I visited his family in France for a month when I was 13 and became smitten.
5. I love work. Hard work. Love it.
6. A smile is known in any language. It’s my favorite thing to do especially in Japan.
7. I have nicknames for everyone and everything. I think my dog has the most.
15 Bloggers to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. http://bandcampstories.wordpress.com/ – check out her Photo of the Week on Geometry – a sidewalk never looked so sexy!
2. http://sethsnap.com/ – So jealous on the beautiful spots he’s been.
3. http://newmexicotoitaly.wordpress.com/ – Warning, eat dinner before reading about his cheese and truffle excursions.
4. http://bunnyandporkbelly.wordpress.com/ – amazing photos and food write ups.
5. http://overseastrapeze.wordpress.com/ – her writing is very inspiring to me.
6. http://hikingphoto.com/ – if you connect with hiking, he does such a wonderful job.
7. http://thedrunkbirder.wordpress.com/ – awesome birds and some British humor to boot.
8. http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ – you will feel like a lazy sloth after reading her blog.
9. http://lifeoutofthebox.com – very cool project that should be granted some microbusiness loans.
10. http://adventureincroatia.wordpress.com/ – learning about a place I wish I’ve been.
11. http://debjanidass.wordpress.com/ – amazing food and photography.
12. http://koreandiaries.wordpress.com – expat in Korea doin the alone during the day thing.
13. http://amblingaroundbrisbane.com/ – great photography.
14. http://thefoodiemagazine.wordpress.com/ – great food and photo blog.
15. http://markrmilan.wordpress.com/ – beautiful photos of Bulgaria.