Home! My second home leave comes just before Thanksgiving. I spent my lunch hour restocking the refrigerator and made lists of things we would enjoy eating before Thanksgiving.
Tonight, my husband and I enjoyed a Roast Pork with Apples courtesy of Saveur. I selected this receipe for several reasons:
1) It’s a roast which means the house smells good and the kitchen heats up
2) I get to use my oven which I don’t have in Japan
2) It is seasonal for this time of year
3) It does not contain rice or noodles. Not that I don’t like rice or noodles, but it is a nice break.
4) The recipe contains French cider (1/4 cup) which means we have a nice apertif with the left overs.
Roti de Porc aux Pommes.